Any suggestions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Oldmanwinter

Nov 14, 2020
ClassicBay1200
Been a browser here for a long time as the information is outstanding. Currently my shop has a Classic Bay 1200 and my new build next year will incorporate a pellet stove as well.

Couple of questions.
1) Has anyone noticed if premium Lignetics pellets have become longer or did I just get a pallet where the average pellet is pushing 1.5"?

2) There is nothing worse than walking out to my shop to find a cold stove. This is the result of a void forming in the pellets as they managed to find perfect structural assembly to not to fall into the auger "pot". To combat this I was thinking of adding a second auger motor to the rear of the stove with a with a "L" type assembly that would turn with the auger and collapse any void. I would wire this motor in parallel to the auger motor circuit. Will this create an overload on the board? Looking at the wiring diagrams I see no reason it should but I'm not a electrical engineer.

Thanks for any input,

Oldmanwinter

More than likely it would stress the board traces and components. Most boards are disigned for 1-1.5 amp per component., much more draw would take out triacs or prom chips quickly. Gotta remember manufactures take low bidders first! Lol

i have had long pellets and i broke them up in a bucket with a paint mixer and a 1/2” drill

More than likely it would stress the board traces and components. Most boards are disigned for 1-1.5 amp per component., much more draw would take out triacs or prom chips quickly. Gotta remember manufactures take low bidders first! Lol

i have had long pellets and i broke them up in a bucket with a paint mixer and a 1/2” drill

That's what I was thinking but wanted some outside confirmation. Guess I'll buy a cycle timer and plug my contraption in separately. It would only have to turn on once every 10 minutes, if that. Just gets me angry that the unit stopped even though it's full. Simple problem that is easily factory fixed. Gravity is great, but I wouldn't rely on it in many cases. Lol

Grinding up pellets would definitely solve "the void" issue but that too is a grind. Lol