Any recommendations for attaching PelletVent Pro Adapter appliance to Whitfield WP2 pellet stove insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kight

Sep 2, 2019
Washington state
I am planning to attach my Whitfield Advantage WP2 1990 pellet stove to PelletVent Pro clean-out T using an appliance adapter. I prefer to not use screws unless that's the best practice. I will use 600 RTV silicone from Ace Hardware. The stove pipe has an outer diameter of 3".
I am debating what should I chose:
- 1) Use the PelletVent Pro appliance adapter and stainless steel screws. Do I use #8 screws 1/4" long? I already have this adapter.
- 2) PelletVent Pro Quick Release Appliance Adaptor with an adjustable hose clamp and gasket are used to form a tight seal. On Amazon, one reviewer claims that the hose clamp stripped and was not strong enough.
- 3) PelletVent Pro Appliance Adaptor (non-quick release) with an HPS Marine 316 Stainless Steel T-Bolt Hose Clamp, Range: 2.87"-3.19" (73mm-81mm), SAE # 68
Any recommendations?
Thank you.

On my stove, I used Hi-Temp silicone and a regular 3 in. hose clamp
Never leaked been there since 2002.

Reactions: Kight