Another wood ID for sully lol

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Feeling the Heat
Oct 28, 2013
Delaware
I'm going to number pics to keep track of answers. Craig's list brought me to a lot being cleared

1 Another wood ID for sully lol

2Another wood ID for sully lolAnother wood ID for sully lol

3Another wood ID for sully lolAnother wood ID for sully lol

4Another wood ID for sully lolAnother wood ID for sully lolAnother wood ID for sully lol

Attachments

• Another wood ID for sully lol
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388427424.135421.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Another wood ID for sully lol
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388427566.519945.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 97
4 is messed up. Two different logs in four.

The third and fourth pictures kind of look like some type of pine. Maybe some Tulip in there as well, but I shall defer to those among us whom are wiser!;)

Could be. All sorts of things on this lot. Going to go over and cut and split some of everything for a better ID. Pictures order hot screwy

The second one looks pretty tight/dense. Was ash on lot as well. Lots of mud should be fun

The second one looks pretty tight/dense. Was ash on lot as well. Lots of mud should be fun

The pin hole implies Ash but the bark, at least that I can see, says something else.

Number 1 looks like tulip poplar, going by the greenish hue. 2 is obviously some kind of pine. The one that you numbered 3 and the photo after looks kinda like ailanthus. The one numbered 4 is soft maple.

So many different species on that lot I'm going to get better pics after work. I need more quicker drying woods. I talked a the forestry foreman at work and some time soon will be getting large load of hard woods, although if something on this lot is to good to pass I'm taking it

Could be some dry red oak. Sassafras, pine, ash and ? Some of that looks very good.especially 2 and 4.

#1 Tulip(yellow poplar) or maybe Basswood..... no photo of bark for this one.
#2&3 Sassafras
#4&5 ???? Tree of Heaven ????
#6&7 Soft Maple for sure
#8 ???? Aspen ????

Status
Not open for further replies.