Another winter season that begins

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golfeur

Nov 15, 2014
Val-d'Or Québec
I turned on the Harman p68 for the first time this season and it started well and heated the house. I did a good cleaning when I stopped it in the spring

yep...
did my Harman cleaning last spring complete with spraying all the walls and burnpot with Pam cooking spray,
and 2 boxes of damprid inside the stove to combat any rust forming..
note: both boxes had about inch or more of water in the bottom of the containers when I took them out last month.

I also put a box of damprid and I picked up one inch of water

What'd ya expect from the highly dependable Harman. Mine is also running now. It started on the first kick.....

yep...
did my Harman cleaning last spring complete with spraying all the walls and burnpot with Pam cooking spray,
and 2 boxes of damprid inside the stove to combat any rust forming..
note: both boxes had about inch or more of water in the bottom of the containers when I took them out last month.
I had some rust develop in my Quadrafire over the summer. Is Pam the best thing to use to reduce or elimante that? Most likely too late now. I'll have to clean the existing rust out somehow.

I used Pam for a few seasons and still got some very small amount of rust discoloring inside the box, even with the vents and intakes plugged up. Then last summer I left the stove super dirty, left all the vents open, didn't do the end of season cleaning. I didn't see any more rust than when I closed it up with Pam. Go figure. I have a crazy idea that the ash in the fire box helped against the rust. But I am not sure.

And why are you guys just turning on your stoves? Mine has been on for about a month already.

Mine's been cranking since Thursday. For some reason last year I ran it in room temp mode which was incredibly inconsistent. This year I switched to stove temp and it's been awesome. Less pellets used, more steady temp in the house. Really loving it. I sprang for a ton of Blazers which were totally worth the money. Can't wait to get a second ton of those and heat the house for 560$ for the year.

I had some rust develop in my Quadrafire over the summer. Is Pam the best thing to use to reduce or elimante that? Most likely too late now. I'll have to clean the existing rust out somehow.
Pam is a good cheap alternative to say WD 40 or whatever..
just don't get butter flavored Spray..:cool:

Reactions: bags
Status
Not open for further replies.