Another stove temp?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckarotka

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Northwest PA on the lake
Short and sweet
quad 400 small cast stove
last night hit 550 on top and flue around 300-350 mag themometer on singlewall 18" up
no smell nothing glowing run fine
looked in the manual and online found nothing for safe temps
called a dealer he said he's run them at 700 so I'm fine
very small fb so it doesn't last to long
any thoughts?

Thoughts? Sure . . .

I think I would like sirloin steak tips and a baked potato tonight for dinner.

I think I would like to take off Friday since my sister is visiting me from Alaska.

I think I would like to win a million dollars from Powerball . . . but since I don't buy any tickets the chance of that happening are pretty slim.

I think my mother is certifiably crazy since she in fact thought she had won the Publisher's Clearinghouse prize this year and had actually circled the date on the calendar since she thought they would be showing up at her door with the million dollar check in hand.

Oh, thoughts on the temp . . . I think everything sounds good for a cast iron stove. I know with my Jotul I tend to run it up to 600-650 and it cruises nicely at stove top temps of 450-550.

Status
Not open for further replies.