Another score from a little while ago...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireAnt

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 18, 2009
Central CT
I was a little slow posting these. The guitar player in my band had a tree cut down and asked me if I wanted the wood. Three pick up truck loads and a trailer worth of maple. You can see the maple in the pile closest to the cam and of course in the trailer. I REALLY need to get splitting. I also now have the Tulip in a pile.

Attachments

• Another score from a little while ago...
    phpPb5khzAM.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 334
  • Another score from a little while ago...
    php5bvqTuAM.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 302
Looks like a Great score!

Start swingin' that maul, 10 rounds a day. You'll be done before you know it, and you'll probably miss splitting. Hopefully you'll have scrounged more by then.

FireAnt nice looking load of wood, early winter in the east you better get splitting.

zap

Yes, get the splitting done so that wood will be able to dry out.

I am set for this year (fingers crossed). It is my first full year burning so I don't know how much I will go through. This is for 2011 and 2012. I have Shag Bark Hickory, Ash, Elm, Maple, Tulip, and Cottonwood. I have a hydro and peck away at it when I can. I have been using the time getting wood instead of splitting.

Weather up here has been weird. 75 yesterday 53 today...

FireAnt like Sav said get it split then stacked, you'll be happier next year. I hauled out a bunch of cherry last fall and stacked some then let 3 cord sit in a pile all winter(I'll never do that again) I did get it stacked in the spring.

zap

zapny said:
FireAnt like Sav said get it split then stacked, you'll be happier next year. I hauled out a bunch of cherry last fall and stacked some then let 3 cord sit in a pile all winter(I'll never do that again) I did get it stacked in the spring.

zap

I know... It is on my mind all the time. I hope to have it done soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.