Another Good Laugh from CL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogieb

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2014
South Central NH
I guess it can't hurt to try. It would be nice to see a pic of what he gets for $300 though!

For that money, I'll sell him a bowl and a lighter.

Reactions: bogieb and bags
I think the only one BS'ing is him. I have only seen a few for less than $1,000 around here and they were beaters. Not saying they can't be found but I sure haven't seen anything less than $800 except one old Whitefield for $500 they guy new nothing about and he took it out for someone and didn't want it taking up shop or garage space. It sold within hours of his posting. Everything else is priced way higher.

Hey, you never know. I have a good stove for sale right now on craigslist, for $350. It's no frills, and not the prettiest stove, but it's solid, reliable, and produces a ton of heat. If this guy was in my market, I think we'd probably be connecting.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/app/4795764737.html

Reactions: bogieb
Hey, you never know. I have a good stove for sale right now on craigslist, for $350. It's no frills, and not the prettiest stove, but it's solid, reliable, and produces a ton of heat. If this guy was in my market, I think we'd probably be connecting.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/app/4795764737.html

Around here that would have sold in about 2 minutes. Everyone wants to get their money back for everything from bigboxstore stoves to 10 year old Harmans, so it is a real competition as to who gets there first for a reasonably priced stove.

Around here that would have sold in about 2 minutes. Everyone wants to get their money back for everything from bigboxstore stoves to 10 year old Harmans, so it is a real competition as to who gets there first for a reasonably priced stove.

I'm hoping I get some good, quick action on it. There is nothing else on craigslist priced that cheap, and almost everything under a grand has a bad blower motor, needs a auger, etc. This stove is ready to rock - it's a bit old, but it throws out a LOT of heat. Max feed speed runs the auger constantly, and delivers like 6.25lbs/hr. Hot hot hot!

Any stove I buy must have an igniter and be thermostat compatible.

I'm hoping I get some good, quick action on it. There is nothing else on craigslist priced that cheap, and almost everything under a grand has a bad blower motor, needs a auger, etc. This stove is ready to rock - it's a bit old, but it throws out a LOT of heat. Max feed speed runs the auger constantly, and delivers like 6.25lbs/hr. Hot hot hot!

My advice would be to raise the price a little. That low a price would scare me off as in "sounds too good to be true". Maybe put it at $500 OBRO. Then, if they want to talk down the price, you have room. And, you never know, it might be worth $500 to someone. Just my 2 cents that may or may not be helpful :)

Any stove I buy must have an igniter and be thermostat compatible.

Agreed - I'm loving the PAH. I wish it could do a little more heat, but I love the thermostat and auto ignition. Big hopper too!

My advice would be to raise the price a little. That low a price would scare me off as in "sounds too good to be true". Maybe put it at $500 OBRO. Then, if they want to talk down the price, you have room. And, you never know, it might be worth $500 to someone. Just my 2 cents that may or may not be helpful :)

Yea - I just want to get it moved. I think I gave enough information to avoid getting caught in the two good to be true scenario. I'm hoping I find somebody that really needs a good heat source and doesn't have the money for much. This stove will give somebody a great heat source for cheap - it requires a little more attention with the manual ignition and damper, but it really works great.

acammer, If I was in your area it would be sold. I could find a use for it. Dang! Most of the sellers around here think their stoves never depreciate or do very little from what I've seen. Did just score a Harman PC45 for $1,600 and I got a decent deal there. Everything I am seeing is exactly what bogieb is saying. Most still priced high enough to justify going the extra cash for new.

I was the first to call and look at the PC45 I just bought used. Seller said I got first dibs and he showed me numerous others info interested if I passed.

Hey bogie! I did clean and run it. Works flawlessly but it's still in one of my garages and not installed yet. I'll post some pics because it did happen. I did of one in my truck so never mind. I'll get more up when I get it installed then.

Reactions: bogieb
Sold that stove tonight - had pretty good interest. It'll be cranking for somebody soon!

Sold that stove tonight - had pretty good interest. It'll be cranking for somebody soon!

Great! Glad you could get it out of your hands and to someone who could use it.

acammer, If I was in your area it would be sold. I could find a use for it. Dang! Most of the sellers around here think their stoves never depreciate or do very little from what I've seen. Did just score a Harman PC45 for $1,600 and I got a decent deal there. Everything I am seeing is exactly what bogieb is saying. Most still priced high enough to justify going the extra cash for new.

I was the first to call and look at the PC45 I just bought used. Seller said I got first dibs and he showed me numerous others info interested if I passed.

Hey bogie! I did clean and run it. Works flawlessly but it's still in one of my garages and not installed yet. I'll post some pics because it did happen. I did of one in my truck so never mind. I'll get more up when I get it installed then.

Hey, glad it is going good - one hurdle down after the massive cleaning you gave it! Now, to get it's set-up spot all ready for the new arrival. Hey, I never got a message letting me know what you wanted for that trim. Or, maybe you decided to keep it?

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. Been busy and not had much time to mess with the stove. That's why it took me awhile to clean it and fire it up. Everything would fit but there is likely an issue with the hole for the firebox door handle. I have noticed the fire door trim on the PC45's has a round hole and so do the older P series. I believe in the last couple of years they have changed the latching mechanisms. My new stoves clicks up and down where the 45 turns.

My new P68 requires a rectangular slot at this location on the door trim whereas the 45 a round. I will check into it more soon. I know I could have it laser or jet cut at a friends shop to a rectangular slot to fit newer stoves perfectly though without any problem. I could get it to fit my 68 pretty easily without a doubt. The little hole or slot is a minor adjustment for me.

Is your stove a newer or older style door handle from what I described? You also have 4 mounting holes to drill in the doors corners to mount. They are in easy locations and outside the rope gasket area. PM me so we don't junk up your thread or get it kabashed being off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.