And..... here it is..... :) (with some images)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

tclapes1

Hearth Supporter
Sep 27, 2009
Madrid
so, in the end, i have my new whished stove .
of cours, now, with my new time burns, im realising many things that i have read in this forum, so again, a lot of doubts comes to me, and i hope you can help me in doing the right things....
As a first anectotic... my first burn was like i read arround here, you know... and as the dealer said and as i.ve read here.... "first burn, dont put in so much wood" :)
so it was my first fire, staying just infront like a small child with his new toy....
of course, after the fire has gone, i tryed to put a little bit more, ( maby too much) , just som pallet peaces from the new construction just behind my house....
and.... god......
my wyfe almost call fireman hahahahah....
in just less than one hour, my living room, was up to 89.6 ºF!!!!!! :D just for trying......
so in the end, i think it will be ok for my house. and of course i have to learn much more... because in the living room, it was this temperature, and in the other side of the house...it was about 71.6 ºF so, i think that there is much diference between stances. the first thing i´ve done has been to hung up one of my celing fan in the stove room, just infront of the door.
now,if you raise my hand, i can even feel the air goin out just downside the hiest point of the door to the entrance hall, so i think its a good begining, now, i have to learn how to move the hot air into the rest of the house so ill keep reading and learning, but, all the coments will be wellcome.
so, here i leave you some photos so you dont feel so sick reading my poor english ;)
so enjoy of them..

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] And..... here it is..... :) (with some images)
    IMG_2796.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 711
    IMG_2820.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 744
    IMG_2821.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 724
Good luck with the stove. Don't worry about the english. Your english is better than some who have lived in the US all their lives. :)

Who's the old bald headed monk?
Great looking stove and I love your english.
Comprendo? :lol:

wow!!! them clearances to the wall on that stove are tight, what are the minimum clearaces? might have to look into these!!

ohhh, i forgot to say the monkey was me, my daughter took me a photo while i wass tunning it on ;) but old? im only 40 well, i supose, i begin to look some kinda old ....
well, today, when iv just arrived home it was a bit freshy outside so i put some woods in it, and things are going much better because outside its about 46.4 ºF but i gess its no so cold like in other sides. and, hot has been growing up much slower than saturday , first day i charged about 3/4, today, just 1/4 and of course the wood doesnt last for not much than 3 hours, heating is much softer.
i supose it will last much more , when i use oak o something like that.
thanks for your answers

clearances are a bit less than in the manual, but.... the other day when it was really hot, i dont know how much because i havent thermo yet, y could touch the walls with hand , its hot, but you can hold your hand on it. so i think it will go. walls are mansonry, one foot wide

Toni,

Do not 'push' hot air to cold rooms. Instead 'pull' cold air to the hot stove. Put your fan on the floor to do this. Works good!

Shari

shari, the celing fan is blowing upways, thats what it is suposed to do isnt it? as i said before, i need to try everything so the temp diference betwen rooms is not so high.

Enjoy Toni its a great stove.

Toni,
I to will comment on the clearances, because this is something you don't want to have wrong. From the pictures it looks like the stove is very close on the corner, rear and single wall pipe. Hopefully it's the camera. With my corner installation I used the rear heat shield and rear heat shield on the pipe. The side door can open fully, just clearing the side wall, and can swing to the back. Just be careful, this monster can put out some heat.

I would still be a bit concerned for the clearances. There is a little thing called pyrolysis that you can't see occurring in the walls and surrounding areas of any heat producing source. For example, lets say the walls or floor are wood framed. The nails, or any conductive material, if exposed to the heat source, will conduct that heat through to the wood thereby causing the wood to decompose (char)and possibly ignite from UNDER or BEHIND what would otherwise be a fire retardant material (drywall). This process can go on for any length of time, even years, before an actual fire could result. You stated that your walls are masonry walls, but you still may be required to follow the building code for your area.

Most European houses are cinderblock or other masonry construction. Wood-framed houses, such as we have in this country, are unusual.

Paisano, buena suerte con su nuevo juguete. No cocine su televisor. Me encanta mi Jotul tambien!

Susanna

guys, relax on the clearances....he already posted that the wall are masonry, its Europe almost all are constructed like that.

Sorry Toni I missed your reply that said the walls were masonry. So all is good to go, let her rip. Now get the heat right so your not melting the candles.

:zip: My bad. I didn't notice the location. We could learn a thing from some European construction. Don't get me going on the woodchip & glue construction that's being allowed here!

Mi Hermano,Felicidades con su nueva calentadora. Que la disfrutes en buena salud. Asegurate de hacer fuegos pequeños al principio hasta que la estufa se caliente gradualmente. Felicidades.
Franklin...
Ty my English speaking friends,... all that was very moving stuff i just told that brother from Madrid. LOL

tclapes1 said:
shari, the celing fan is blowing upways, thats what it is suposed to do isnt it? as i said before, i need to try everything so the temp diference betwen rooms is not so high.

Shari is correct. Along with your ceiling fan blowing upwards, try placing a small fan on the floor with the setting on low speed. Set it in a doorway or hallway blowing the cooler air from the other rooms into the heated room. This has the effect of moving the warm air into the cooler rooms and works much better than trying to blow warm air into the cool rooms. It sounds backwards to blow cool air to warm but it works. Give it a try.

aha, :) thanks for your congratulations and other advices gived in your posts.
i will have a meter now, and i tell you what is exactly the clearances.ammm. lets open my inches calculator:
so, the center of the pipe to the corner is 19,6 inches
the corners of the stove, is about 6,6 on each side
and the side walls of the stove is (meassured from the center of them) 15,7
and the side door is also 15,7
as i said, and like people has said in their posts, in europe is mansonry, and the left wall is one foot wide, as the right side is about half foot.
Going on the advices from the fan, today, iv tried to put another just infront of the door of the stance so it can pull up fresh air from the back side of the house, just trhoug a 3,9 foot wide x 20 f and at the end is my mum small bedroom, so i have to make air gets even there.
the main problem, that i see, is that in the meddel of this area, there is an open stairs that goes up, so warm air just go upstairs, instead of reaching my mums romm.
as an example, ill write the temperatures en each room of the house....
stove romm 80,6
hall, just beside stove romm 75.2 ºF
and mums romm at the end 71.6 ºF

Upstairs is another world
hall first floor 71.6 ºF
daughters room 71.6 ºF
and principal room, ( mine ) :( :69,8

well. when i have time ill post som pictures from the plans so you can add some more.
thanks again for your posts and help
Gracias amigos ( for those whose speak spanish)

Status
Not open for further replies.