American harvest 6039 shutdown

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kenneth_David

Nov 3, 2018
Ohio
I bought a house that had an American harvest 6039. The board was bad so I bought a new one. Everything works but when I hit the off button the auger does not stop. How can I fix this? Or is the new board bad?

Thank you.

I bought a house that had an American harvest 6039. The board was bad so I bought a new one. Everything works but when I hit the off button the auger does not stop. How can I fix this? Or is the new board bad?

Thank you.
The stove will continue to run until it cools to a certain temp and then the auger will continue to expel pellets/corn to assure that you are not getting a back burn up the auger chute into the hopper. It's a safety feature.

When I turn mine off it will sometimes run up to an hour before totally shutting off. As long as the stove senses fire/heat the auger will continue to spin every now and then.

The stove will continue to run until it cools to a certain temp and then the auger will continue to expel pellets/corn to assure that you are not getting a back burn up the auger chute into the hopper. It's a safety feature.

When I turn mine off it will sometimes run up to an hour before totally shutting off. As long as the stove senses fire/heat the auger will continue to spin every now and then.

Thank you. Now it makes sense.