American Harvest 6039 heat range issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burdman660

Dec 12, 2014
United States
I have an American Harvest 6039 and I cannot get the heat range to move above level 3. When you select a level higher than 3, the "A" light flashes repeatedly and the auger stops feeding entirely. Heat range 3 barely puts out any heat. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Greatly appreciate any help.

Sorry no one got back to you - but Welcome to the forum!
Looked on the error codes and could not find any indication of the "A" light... what does that control/where is it located? How old is the stove?

Typically, auger will stop if the hopper safety is not engaged or is disconnected. Vacuum switch may be involved in a malfunction - hose can be cracked, barb where it connects can be clogged with ash or the stove needs a good internal smoke pathway cleaning due to ash build-up. How much have you burned?

I nelieve you have a board issue,

Thats your vacuum switch man. Mine the same way if i open the door and stove is above Heat level 3. Either your stove door gasket is bad, or your ash cleanouts are outta place. OR...you vacuum line is plugged, or possibly ya have a bad vacuum unit.

Flashing Red Light

If the “A” light is flashing then we have some type of vacuum problem. Heat range settings 1-3 ignore the vacuum switch.

 Check the seal around the door. Take a piece of paper & shut door on it. See if you can remove the piece of paper too easily.

 Make sure door is closed.

 Remove the side panel and check the vacuum/pressure switch. This is a black/gray ????? We need to check the tip of the switch. The tip should be pointing at a 3:00 position. There is a blue or white hose attached to the tip. Make sure this isn’t clogged.

 Are the clean outs in the unit? If not this will cause a vacuum problem.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Interesting. In all the years I've had mine, I've never had issue one with the vacuum switch, however, I did add an overcover to the vacuum line as it is very close to the stirrer gearbox which moves a bit when the stirrer is actuated. I didn't want it (gearbox) rubbing the hose. I normally take a crevice tool and suck the port out when I clean the unit and be sure the cleanout ports are closed tightly.

Reactions: mustangwagz
I agree flip, chances are if door gasket and clean outs are in place, I'll bet vacuum hose is eother plugged or ripped. Mine is a silicone hose as all of them are. If it'd plugged suck it out. If it's ripped, source some silicone hose cheap somewhere and replace it. If that don't fix it, order a vacuum switch.

That hose has about the consistency of a gummy bear......;lol Which is why I overwrapped it with a length of black rubber fuel line. He could jumper both spade lugs of the vacuum switch to close the circuit if necessary to be sure that was the issue (temporarly), in as much as it's a safety feature.

I never knew that HR 1-3 were not impacted by the vacuum switch but then I've never had an issue with it. It's there, it works and all is good.

He could jumper both spade lugs of the vacuum switch to close the circuit if necessary to be sure that was the issue (temporarly), in as much as it's a safety feature.
Great point, yah to be sure it isnt the board!

I found out about 1-3 by accident one day. i had it on 4, and opened the door to scrap the burn pot when i first got it and realized the auger was barely working...i quickly looked at side and seen letter A had a red LED above it that was blinking. days later i realized when on 3 it didnt affect the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.