Ambiance Flair 34

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Warfox

Hearth Supporter
Aug 7, 2024
Southeast Massachusetts
I recently had the Flair34 wood stove insert installed, and color me impressed. The paint off-gassing during the first fire was truly next-level headache-inducing even with windows wide open, but I hear that’s par for the course, and it’s all done and over now.

I knew from the online brochure that the dimensions of this stove would be generous, but it’s much more appreciable in person. Huge 3 cu. ft firebox that I can just absolutely stuff with firewood.

The Flair 34 is non-catalytic, but in the end that’s just fine with me I suppose. I also looked at Blaze King, Hearthstone, Regency, etc., but when it came down to it, I would have had to make modifications to my existing mantle that wifey wasn’t keen about, and the flair was also significantly cheaper.

I was beginning to have some doubts during the break-in burn, as it kept losing flame and smoking out, but something must have loosened up after the first hour and the automatic air control got its act together.

Even though it is non-catalytic, this baby burned LOW and LONG. I will report back with data after my first truly long/overnight burn, but after the initial run-up and reload, I’d say it ran for an easy 5-6 hours loaded half-way full and on the lowest setting burning properly seasoned Cherry. The air-wash system keeps the glass approx 90% clear when burning hot, but as you can see in the photo’s, it did smog up after the fire burn down.

This forum has been an indispensable resource, and I cant thank you guys enough for the help and information provided - such as to request with install an insulated liner, as well as a block-off plate, neither of which I believe the installer would have done otherwise.

A Special thanks to bholler, stoveliker, EbS-P, and Highbeam, who replied to my thread(s).

Thanks again!

Will update as the season progresses.

Ambiance Flair 34

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Ambiance Flair 34
    IMG_2380.webp
    98.5 KB · Views: 10
    IMG_2336.webp
    135.4 KB · Views: 11
    IMG_2388.webp