Am looking for "dmack" who installed a wood stove on his hearth and exhausts through the existing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EDavis

Oct 2, 2016
NH
Who installed a wood stove on his hearth and exhausted through the existing fireplace. How did you hold the Micore300 to block off the damper opening around the liner?

Looks like dmack may have left the building ... not been here for about a year. Still have the photos to guide you through the process and I'm sure others with similar installs will part with tips ... Be patient!

Angle metal cleats on the sides would work.

Thank you already got an idea! Now I have to talk my helpers into this project. The fireplace is definitely not the answer, and have a little wood stove that might work! And I am determined - yet patient - till it gets below 10.

Honestly Micore would not be my choice for a block off plate anyway. Sheet metal is easier to work with in my opinion.

It looks like dmack may have cut the micore large so that it rests on the damper frame as support.

Am looking for "dmack" who installed a wood stove on his hearth  and exhausts through  the existing

It also appears that "dmack" didn't use a Tee that goes with his liner system. Not recommended or suggested...
I prefer to use a piece of sheet metal with a layer of mineral wool insulation on top of it. Then paint it all black once it's installed. In a tall fireplace it looks best if you use a piece of rigid stainless liner to come through the block off plate. Once it's painted it will just look like traditional stove pipe. It's a very clean look.

Reactions: bholler
Status
Not open for further replies.