Aluminum, Nickle or Copper anti seize for inside wood stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bball0076

Sep 30, 2017
Connecticut
Hi,

Which one would be better use inside the wood stove?
I happen to snap one of the bolts off while removing pieced of the Quadra-fire voyageur in order to clean it. don't want to struggle next year removing the bolts.

Thank you

Regular anti-seize works...it's generally good for 2100-2200*F, nickel anti-seize is good for 2500*F or so, I've had good luck with that...oh, and I use stainless steel bolts too, but they still need AS on them.
I wouldn't use AS inside a cat stove though...

Regular anti-seize works...it's generally good for 2100-2200*F, nickel anti-seize is good for 2500*F or so, I've had good luck with that...oh, and I use stainless steel bolts too, but they still need AS on them.
I wouldn't use AS inside a cat stove though...
whats a cat stove? is that what i have?

I don't think so...not sure though...cat stoves have a cat converter...you would know if that is what you have I'd think...

good thing i don't have one then, as far as anti seize goes would this be ideal to use Permatex 81343 Anti-Seize Lubricant

I appreciate the info!

Aluminum melts at 1220F, for that reason I don't use it in high temp applications.

You also want to stay away from graphite based products if you intend to use stainless bolts. Carbon reacts with stainless steel at high temps.

Nickel based is what you want, we use lots of it for high temp applications in the oil and gas industry. I use this stuff, mostly because I can get it through work. It's good for 2600F. I believe it's also available on Amazon.

good thing i don't have one then, as far as anti seize goes would this be ideal to use Permatex 81343 Anti-Seize Lubricant

I appreciate the info!
Yup, no aluminum...might as well get the nickel and know that it is the right stuff

You may be able to find it in a smaller tube too...but I just bought an 8oz can of nickel AS on ebay for something like $14-15 shipped...it was branded Motorcraft, but its still nickel AS and has a 2500* temp limit, so what do I care about the label...