Alternate blower Englander 15-W03

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ncon

Oct 25, 2021
Vermont
I've seem people mention the fact that the blower is loud, not great, etc.. and they will replace it with a better model/option.

What are the alternatives than the stock blower that comes with this stove?
Are they worth getting?
Thanks

I have an older Englander stove. the blower looks just like a hair dryer and the noise is about the same. I do not use the blower and just use a quieter box fan blowing toward the stove. With the ceiling fans and the box fan I get very good heat circulation.
It looks like the blower is sold out right now. There is a larger fan available but it is $235.

I have an older Englander stove. the blower looks just like a hair dryer and the noise is about the same. I do not use the blower and just use a quieter box fan blowing toward the stove. With the ceiling fans and the box fan I get very good heat circulation.
It looks like the blower is sold out right now. There is a larger fan available but it is $235.
Thanks
It's difficult to see how this one replaces the original one due to the shape. I will look for a video or more images.
That is pretty pricey for a blower, I wonder if there are ways to retrofit alternate blowers to the back shield