Allegany Premium Hardwood pellets $205/ton....New York State.....ebay...proceed with CAUTION!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Just saw this listed on ebay, and thought I'd help out my pellethead friends in the Binghamton/Elmira/Corning area of NYS with their pellet buying. I think this is a great price for pellets in NY. I think they've been discussed before on this forum, but don't remember what was said about their quality.

You have to pick-up yourself, but for that price, (if their good pellets), I'd be jumping on them if I lived near there. Here's the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200326004737&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

EDIT: as noted below, be cautious when "pre-buying", and if still interested, I'd suggest getting a few bags to try first.

might be of note to say that these ARENT Allegheny pellets, which are hardwood pellets and fairly well-known, but Allegany pellets...a different animal entirely....I think.

Yep, you guys are correct....I didn't notice the different spelling of the name, and yes, the "pre-Buy" isn't a real confidence builder....OK, everybody, proceed with caution......LET THE BUYER BEWARE!!!

The same add was on ebay about 2 weeks ago, they were only $195 at that point. I really considered it but the whole deal seems shady. They may be legit but the pix on ebay show 4 tons sitting in front of a 2 stall garage, if things added up right they would show a warehouse with many tons in it. just my 2cents.

I ordered online from Allegany pellets in April. They called back to confirm the order. Later I received an e-mail stating they would ship in September. I have called and e-mailed with no response. When I call it is always a recording to leave your name, and invoice number.
Has anyone actually ordered and received pellets from them? I can not even find an address anywhere. Where exactly are they supposedly located?

Hope you didnt pre-pay for these pellets. Last year a lot of us were taken in by New England Pellet llc. Wont pre-pay again.

Thomas C. said:
I ordered online from Allegany pellets in April. They called back to confirm the order. Later I received an e-mail stating they would ship in September. I have called and e-mailed with no response. When I call it is always a recording to leave your name, and invoice number.
Has anyone actually ordered and received pellets from them? I can not even find an address anywhere. Where exactly are they supposedly located?

Here is the addy:

Email~ [email protected]
Phone~ 1 800 816 8153
Mail ~ PO Box 233 Wellsville NY 14895

I called and called and called them and never got them to answer 1x. Customer service is right out the window these days... As mac said to me many months "don't prebuy your pellets" from them.... I agreed and did not.. I hope you did not pay them any money, if so i'd drive down there and kick some pellet ass....

I just recieved this e-mail from allegany pellets and you can read below the results, i hope this helps folks out.

Good Evening Jim,
I apologize are you calling the right number 1800-816-8153?
Also, we are swamped right now and either on the other line with customers or if you leave a message, it usually takes a day or two to return all the calls we are getting.
And I am unsure if you are talking about us, Allegany Pellets, or Allegheny Pellets which is an entirely different company than us, since I do not have one single message from you to return a call to you, on file.
And I keep a detailed record of my calls and people to call and what they needed or have spoken to us about.
Anyhow, we look forward to making it up to you.
Best Regards,
Iasia Ceglia
Allegany Pellets

Dogwood Energy
New England Pellet LLC

Why on Earth would anyone ever pay for "pre buy" pellets given these two prior debacles? Right off the bat, they are telling you that they are swamped with orders and didn't have tim to call you back. If you want to flush money down the toilet, they look like an easy way to do it.

Oh'boy. Lets hope we don't see what happened last year. Prebuying is just plain dangerous! (Unless they are known to be lagit.)

E-mail from them as of today, great pricing!!!

Good Afternoon Jim,
We are at $239.00 per ton with delivery.
At this point we are full for this year and taking no new orders.
I will add you to an email list and contact you when we are taking orders again.
Thank you very much,
Iasia Ceglia
Allegany Pellets L.L.C.

I personally have dealt with Paul Ceglia from Allegany Pellet . They have bought equipment from me in the past. They are a small up and coming operation as I understand. Can't vouch for their product but I believe their intentions well.

Allegany Pellets continues to be unresponsive-no returned calls or emails.
Internet searches for Chamber of Commerce or business directories for the town of Wellsville, NY have no listing of Allegany Pellets.
Called the town clerk for Wellsville- they have no one on the tax rolls for 2558 Hanover Hill Wellsville, NY 14895.
However, called the State Police and asked them to check the place out. They stated that it is a legitimate business but quite a small scale operation.
My problem is I need to know if I am actually going to receive my pellets or I will have to purchase them elswhere. How can I do this when they refuse to return calls or emails. From my house they are two and a half hours away, I really don't want to drive there.
Internet searches also have failed to turn up any review of Allegany Pellets or anyone who says they have purchased pellets from Allegany Pellets.

Thomas C. said:
Allegany Pellets continues to be unresponsive-no returned calls or emails.
Internet searches for Chamber of Commerce or business directories for the town of Wellsville, NY have no listing of Allegany Pellets.
Called the town clerk for Wellsville- they have no one on the tax rolls for 2558 Hanover Hill Wellsville, NY 14895.
However, called the State Police and asked them to check the place out. They stated that it is a legitimate business but quite a small scale operation.
My problem is I need to know if I am actually going to receive my pellets or I will have to purchase them elswhere. How can I do this when they refuse to return calls or emails. From my house they are two and a half hours away, I really don't want to drive there.
Internet searches also have failed to turn up any review of Allegany Pellets or anyone who says they have purchased pellets from Allegany Pellets.

Woodsman23 posted that they are not taking anymore orders for this year. I think you have answered your own question in the fact that they won't return your emails.

I am NOT placing a NEW order, I am trying to find out about my EXISTING order from back in April. I ordered five tons of pellets and as part of the deal payed a portion of the total to secure the order as per the instructions on their website. They sent an email stating they would at the latest ship in September. Well now it is the middle of September and they refuse to answer any emails or phone calls, yet somehow they can find the time to reply to "Jim" as seen in the posts from "Woodsman23."

hmmmm.......well, I sit here and wonder how long folks will wait for their promised pellets before they do something else...then, will it be too late to do something else? Unfortunately, by the time people realize that they might not get satisfaction from the person with their current order, and they go and order from a retailer who IS legitimate, and who knows how to retail pellets, they may find that pellets arent so common anymore, OR, if they are getting them delivered, they may find that the lead times are extended "well into cold weather"....I guess as a retailer of pellets, I can say Im happy to take the new order, but please understand that you arent likely to get them delivered tomorrow, rather you will likely end up waiting a bit, read that a few weeks, because we need to deliver to all the folks who ordered before you. In my opinion, the time is NOW, to decide what you are going to do...not wait till whenever.....

Thomas C. said:
I am NOT placing a NEW order, I am trying to find out about my EXISTING order from back in April. I ordered five tons of pellets and as part of the deal payed a portion of the total to secure the order as per the instructions on their website. They sent an email stating they would at the latest ship in September. Well now it is the middle of September and they refuse to answer any emails or phone calls, yet somehow they can find the time to reply to "Jim" as seen in the posts from "Woodsman23."

try and e-mail them again if no luck give me some info about your order in a PM and i will try also to get a response from them.

Got a letter in the mail today, My September delivery isn't going to happen. The earliest I can expect delivery is 2010. Now I need to get my deposit back. So much for helping local businesses :p

troglow said:
Got a letter in the mail today, My September delivery isn't going to happen. The earliest I can expect delivery is 2010. Now I need to get my deposit back. So much for helping local businesses :p

Macman called this one to a tee. I will never prepay for pellets... Tractor supply has pellets for 235 a ton they are instant heat i think. Acrade lumber has pellets for 235 a ton they are dry creek. Then there is this moron near me who has lignetics coming in next week and he wants ................... 325 a ton.. he is a funny guy....

No sense crying over spilled milk. Try to recover what you can from your deposit but don't waste time and energy being ticked off until you fix your supply problem. Probably the main thing to do is find a source of a known pellet with a decent reputation and buy enough to take care of most of your needs for this winter. You may pay a little more than you planned.

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, just practical.

troglow said:

The "evil" big box stores are looking better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.