All covered up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Microduck17

Burning Hunk
Dec 21, 2017
New Concord Ohio
I got my main pile all covered before the whether changes.
5acdce292c500da89fadc68e5632b276.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks, I got the milk jug idea from someone on here but I don't remember who. Got it covered just in time, woke up this morning to heavy grey skys and cold drizzle.

Amazing that the stack hasn't collapsed, being on that steep of a hill.. ;)

Amazing that the stack hasn't collapsed, being on that steep of a hill.. ;)
It is actually pretty close to level there. The stack is just uneven. Also the main camera on my phone is shattered so i take pictures with the "selfie" camera on the same side as the screen. The stack is 14 feet deep by 36 feet long so i think it plays tricks on the little camera.

Reactions: Woody Stover
It is actually pretty close to level there.
I was just wise-cracking about the vertical pic. ;)
I envy you guys that have flat, solid ground to stack on. I stack on sloped, soft ground in the woods, and I've had my share of stack crashes. I'm trying to come up with some different approaches that will keep the stacks upright..

Reactions: D8Chumley
I was just wise-cracking about the vertical pic. ;)
I envy you guys that have flat, solid ground to stack on. I stack on sloped, soft ground in the woods, and I've had my share of stack crashes. I'm trying to come up with some different approaches that will keep the stacks upright..
Ha! I ment to flip it before uploading but didn't. Stacking on hillsides is a huge pain in the rear. My old neighbor always stacked on a hillside. I remember his pile collapsed in the dead of the night one time. It made a huge noise and woke up some of the neighbors.

Reactions: Woody Stover