Alderlea T4 - Boil Water?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Fasttrack

Sep 23, 2024
Southern NH
I've been looking around at all the various options for my situation and, when it comes to free standing stoves, I'm really liking the Pacific Energy lineup. They have some nice looking, traditional stoves and the T4 LE2 now qualifies for the tax credit without a cat (https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/pe-introduces-the-le2-line.204689/), which is great news, IMO.

But we get power outages pretty frequently in the winter and having the ability to boil some water or warm up canned soup would be great. The T5 and T6 have those nifty swing out trivets and a cook surface but the T4 doesn't seem to have that feature. Anyone out there with a T4 care to comment? Any work arounds for boiling a quart or two of water?