air tubes- Lopi Freedom Bay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no tube stove guru, but every one I've seen had the holes facing the front of the stove...that's the way the air flows in the fire box.

Last edited:
Reactions: MN nice n warm
Yes it matters. The roll pin should lock in the forward facing alignment of the holes.

Ok, thanks guys. I'm having a tough time getting strong secondary burn. Though much of it could be inexperience, upon investigating the air tubes I noticed the rear two tubes are facing upwards with the holes. I can spin the front two to adjust the hole directions but the rear one is pretty warped and won't move. I will probably look at some replacement parts.

Last edited:
The earlier models had push pins that kept the tubes In place. The new models and replacement kits come with roll pins that get hammered in. These prevent the tubes from rotating, like the push pins. The baffle parts are pretty inexpensive, I would update it If it was mine.

If they are loose to spin then they can also be slid over and fall out. The po must have removed the tubes for a sweep and didn't fully understand.

Not only should the holes all point towards the loading door but they're all at a different angle.

I've got 2/3 of the air tubes facing forward now. Angled slightly different. I've been cruising nicely around 550 for the last hour, air completely shut down. I feel like I've got some decent secondary going. Nice and hazy flames dancing around at the top of the firebox, just not the nice rolling secondary burn across the ceiling I've seen in videos and have been working towards. Anyway, still a nice burn going and I feel like its operating a heck of a lot better in the 550 range as oppose to the 450 cruising range. The air wash is definitely doing better. Glass is crystal clear all over as opposed to having hazy edges. Happy Sunday, cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.