Advice on liner cleaning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramontana

Burning Hunk
Oct 23, 2012
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I am new to the forum, and relatively new to wood heating with my Jotul Oslo and 6" Duravent SS liner that I installed in my home December 2011.

I am planning to do my own flue cleaning, and am considering purchasing a SootEater unless someone talks me out of it?

I am curious, if anyone knows of an adapter plate that I can purchase for installing at the bottom of the "T" leg of my chimney lining kit?

I plan to clean from top down, and want to have a way to remove the 6" diameter clean out plate, and install a temp cover that will leave me with a 2" dia opening for the shop vac hose. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers!

I am new to the forum, and relatively new to wood heating with my Jotul Oslo and 6" Duravent SS liner that I installed in my home December 2011.

I am planning to do my own flue cleaning, and am considering purchasing a SootEater unless someone talks me out of it?

I am curious, if anyone knows of an adapter plate that I can purchase for installing at the bottom of the "T" leg of my chimney lining kit?

I plan to clean from top down, and want to have a way to remove the 6" diameter clean out plate, and install a temp cover that will leave me with a 2" dia opening for the shop vac hose. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers!
I can tell you, this is my third year using the soot eater. Works great. If you buy one, loosen the line with the allen key and set screw, pull the line through until you get the length on one side you need sticking out, then cut the remaining long side to match the short side, you now have enough line left over to refill the head again. Basically don't cut both sides of the line off to get your desired diameter. When you go to take the rods apart, push the button in and turn the rod to get it apart verses trying to pull them straight apart. Works easier.

Thanks Charly, I appreciate the advice.

Anyone have ideas on a reducer cap for the bottom of the T?

You could just get a 6" black Tee cap and drill a 2" hole in it.

Thanks webby3650. That was my original thought, but I wondered if someone might know of something already available?

Status
Not open for further replies.