Advice needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

whynotoils

Oct 26, 2017
Alberta Canada
So in October when we first installed the old LOPI wood stove We tested many ways to move the air around. Fan blowing cold air along the floors toward the stove. Fans blowing heat away from the stove. Running our ceiling fan in the stove room, and running our furnace fan, as well as running all of the above. We tested it all against doing nothing. Well the rooms at both ends of the house were only one degree Celsius colder than if we ran fans. So being a house with 11 people, we opted for silent heat.
-30 decrees Celsius feels like -40. The middle of our home (stove room) is 27c and the rooms at both ends of the house are only 7c. I am very willing to give up the quiet for warmth in the other rooms of the house while it is needed. What would you do?
Note I keep all doors within the home open and the living room and kitchen has a cathedral ceiling (though the peak is on a two foot rise) and living room has a ceiling fan.
Advice needed

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

So those temps were from last night with company going in and out. Suppose that's not very accurate.
So the bathroom by the two bedrooms is 17c, and the two bedrooms (top bunks ) are 24c.
The bedroom at the other end of the house is 19c.
The stove room is 26c

So can I do anything to get more cold air out of or hot air into the cold 17c bathroom and the 19c bedrooms? Or am I just going to have to increase the stove room temp more at bedtime for the kids?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk