Advice Needed on Where to Buy a Blaze King Boxer 24

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MaudSTL

Jul 22, 2019
St. Louis, MO
OK, I know this is not a smart question, but I have never bought a wood stove before and I don’t know how the industry works.

Here in St. Louis, MO we only have a few stove dealers, and the one who sells Blaze King is an hour away and doesn’t deliver or install. I am planning to install the stove myself, so delivery and service are of greater concern than installation. It sounds like the local dealer relies on installers for service as well as delivery and installation, so I am not sure if it is important to develop a relationship with him. Also the $2,900 price he quoted is higher than I had expected, but maybe that’s the 2019 price.

Should I go with the local dealer so that I have a local access to help with any potential warranty issues, or would it make just as much sense to shop around and see if I can get a stove drop-shipped to my address?

Maud

Last edited:
A hour away in St Louis is the other side of town;) Guessing that many BK owners are far more distant than 1 hour from the dealer.

Ha! St. Louis is smaller than you think. I am guessing there’s no concept of getting a stove drop-shipped, or someone would’ve said so. I will look for other stove dealers within driving distance. Thanks! Maud

I looked at one of those at Lehmans in Kidron Ohio it was on sale for $2100 blower included. The firebox had an odd shape that I didn’t care for though..