Adding snap disc to my blaze king Ashford 25 insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rob711

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2017
Long Island, ny
I have about 3 cords of wood that was split and cut to fit into my small VC intrepid, fast forward, I now have my Ashford. I’m not really getting great burn times but I attribute that to the step above kindling sized wood. A few times now I’ve woken up in am to embers that I’m able to restart a load with but not really making heat, yet blower still running. I’m thinking of adding a snap disc to the fan.
Any thoughts on where to place it, also what temperature should I have it come on?

I am considering one of these as my fan controller. My amazon fan had 120* disk and it need to be much hotter if I want coals in the mornings to relight. I have an idea but the process controller would let me fine tune based on stove top temps and Not set temp like the snap disk. I quickly read its specs and it seems much more capable than on/off. It is more involved than adding a disc.
If you want a disk I’d go pick something like 200 or 250 or maybe even higher then experiment with the best location.
Just a thought.