Accentra FI 52i Help Accessing Combustion blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

phil san

Jul 15, 2008
South Shore, MA
Need to change out the combustion blower before the season starts. Anyone have any tips on how to access it? I have removed the paddle fan but can not reach in to get at all the motor bolts. For the life of me, I don't see how anyone can get that thing out!
Do I have to remove the exhaust vent or distribution blower? Have it set up on rails to slide out.

It’s tricky but if the paddle is off, then you can dismount the motor with a socket. An extension comes in handy too. It definitely pays to have small hands. When you go to put the new blower on, it helps to have a second person or at least to take the door off because you will need to hold the studs on the front while you try to start the nuts.

Reactions: phil san
Reactions: DAKSY
Hi Phil send us some photos of the motor,so we can see what your working with I have a 2014 52i looking at my set up it looks like a pretty easy job maybe some photos will help. Also check to see if yours is still under warranty.

Thanks but I have done that. There is not a video in existance that I can find for the blower on the upgraded 52I manufactured after 2015.
They changed the distribution blowers and they now block the combustor.
I’m pretty sure I’ve changed combustion blowers on every year of the 52I and never had to take off the right side convection blower but if it’s in your way, pop it off. Also, are you using a rail kit or just sitting it on the hearth. You’ve got to get it out where you can get at it from the back and sides. I know it’s a pain and like I said, the size of your hands is a factor. If I service a 52i this week, I’ll try to snap some pictures. Snap some of your own and show us what your looking at too.

I’m pretty sure I’ve changed combustion blowers on every year of the 52I and never had to take off the right side convection blower but if it’s in your way, pop it off. Also, are you using a rail kit or just sitting it on the hearth. You’ve got to get it out where you can get at it from the back and sides. I know it’s a pain and like I said, the size of your hands is a factor. If I service a 52i this week, I’ll try to snap some pictures. Snap some of your own and show us what your looking at too.

52i on raised hearth and use a rail kit. I can get from back but 2 of the motor screws seem inaccessible by being blocked by the blower.
I'll try for pictures mid week.

I got it!!!! I've been able to get in there and clean out the fines box but just could not access the third far screw on the exhaust motor.
Undid the sheet metal cage connected to the distribution blower and exhaust vent tube. Loosened the bolts holding the distribution blower.
This allowed me to get in there with a long extension and get that third screw. Getting that screw back on will be a chore but will do it this weekend.
Figure I just stick it in the socket wrench and keep at it.

upload_2019-8-8_11-0-9.png
upload_2019-8-8_11-0-9.png

I finally remembered to take pictures for anyone who needs to change one of these and does not want to take the convection blower cowling off. No one you can get from the side and not two and three you can get from the back.
52F335D7-33AC-443E-9A10-BB9DFB5EC686.jpeg
D6F5514E-C122-41BF-B69F-12F7FA75731F.jpeg
63E7B55A-9262-459C-9EC2-CAEAD49CC6F0.jpeg

I finally remembered to take pictures for anyone who needs to change one of these and does not want to take the convection blower cowling off. No one you can get from the side and not two and three you can get from the back.View attachment 246454View attachment 246455View attachment 246456

Okay, this weekend I'm going to pull it out again and take another look at the back to compare with your picture. I had to use a 12 inch socket extension to get in there for the 3rd screw as the distribution blower was blocking. I had the unit as far out as possible on the rails. I'll take a photo and then see if I'm crazy or not!