Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) Accentra 52iTC Hopper size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don

Oct 7, 2012
I just purchased a Harman Accentra 52i-Tc 24 inch pellet insert. It shows that the hopper should hold 64.5pounds. After filling several times I am only able to get 1 full bag plus 10Lbs. 50 Ils total! Is this normal or do I have the wrong size hopper? Anyone else have the same problem?

If you take time to really push the pellets back and up in the hopper as you add more pellets, I think you can technically fit that much into the hopper. I did it a couple of times with my 2014 vintage 52i just to try it but now I just pack it in until it’s 90% full and close the lid.

If you take time to really push the pellets back and up in the hopper as you add more pellets, I think you can technically fit that much into the hopper. I did it a couple of times with my 2014 vintage 52i just to try it but now I just pack it in until it’s 90% full and close the lid.
Many thanks! Will give that a try!

I just bought this stove insert. I was given the option of a small, medium or large hopper. The hopper size does not change the look of the insert. The medium and large hoppers go deeper into the fireplace. I chose a large hopper since my firebox could accommodate the largest hopper.