Absolute 43c fines box located where?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jane8851

Sep 1, 2015
Upstate NY
I had mistakenly thought the "fines box" referred to the space that opened with 2 bolts under the burnpot (burnpot front cover?) and I've been vacuuming it out, but now realize that's not the fines box. So.... where is the fines box on my Absolute 43c located and how do I clean it? Trying to learn as much as I can so I can maintain my stove correctly. Thanks for any help!

I was told I needed to remove the back/side panel of the stove itself to locate the fines box inside. Just wondering if this is correct and any other info regarding locating and cleaning the fines box.

That video I believe includes your model stove, it should tell the basic maintenance steps. Do you have your manual? If you can’t find it in the video you might in your manual.

See this post is was covered in here

Reactions: jane8851