About to Purchase Lopi 1760i for a Majestic MBU36.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HailDarkAle

Jan 4, 2016
Madison, AL
As stated in the title, I'm looking at putting a Lopi 1750i into my old Majestic MBU36 Zero Clearance fireplace. Is there a rough rule of thumb for how much of am increase in efficiency I should see? Anybody have expercience with similar inserts in steel ZC fireplaces? Thanks in advance!

As stated in the title, I'm looking at putting a Lopi 1750i into my old Majestic MBU36 Zero Clearance fireplace. Is there a rough rule of thumb for how much of am increase in efficiency I should see? Anybody have expercience with similar inserts in steel ZC fireplaces? Thanks in advance!
The owners manual for you fireplace clearly says on page 3.

"Do not install a fireplace insert or other product not specified for use with this fireplace"

That means you cant install an insert in it sorry.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/920123/Majestic-Mbu36.html?page=3#manual