A little industry scuttlebutt

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heaterman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 16, 2007
Falmouth, Michigan
Viessmann: My son Andy was out at Viessmann in Rhode Island last week for training on their gas condensing boilers. He was told there that Viessmann is bringing their entire wood burning lineup over here in 2012. Pellet and solid fuel. Probably sold through existing Viessmann dealers only as packaged systems with storage tank(s). You may begin salivating now.........

Garn: They are looking to sell out of their remaining inventory before the end of the year. From what I know they have only vertical flue models left in 1500 and 2000 sizes. Pretty significant markdown in price but has to be paid in full before Dec28th. Act fast because they only have 5 units left. I would not be surprised to see a smaller unit next year......maybe 1000 gallon capacity..........

Econoburn: Has a new controller coming out that looks very robust from the pictures I have seen. I don't know any details as far as operation go but I'll spill the beans here if I learn it does anything new & improved.

heaterman said:
Viessmann: My son Andy was out at Viessmann in Rhode Island last week for training on their gas condensing boilers. He was told there that Viessmann is bringing their entire wood burning lineup over here in 2012. Pellet and solid fuel. Probably sold through existing Viessmann dealers only as packaged systems with storage tank(s). You may begin salivating now.........

Gurlz drool. Boyz Rule ;-P But I am gonna start saving my pennies now!!

One question though . . . I though Viessmann and some other Euros like to use a smaller, 'buffer' tank, instead of what we typically think of as storage. Am I confused?

As always, ^5 on the professional scoop hr! :cheese:

Undoubtedly they will be using typical Euro style "buffer' tanks of varying capacity. I know they have tanks with up to 3 separate loops in them for multiple inputs. The products will include those of recently acquired companies also. As per usual viessmann operations, these systems will be done right or else not at all. They don't have the word for compromise in their vocabulary. Save lot's of shekels. :)

http://www.viessmann.com/com/etc/me...pr-wood-heating-systems-from-35-to-170-kW.pdf

http://www.viessmann.com/com/en/Brochures.html <--- (this is the whole enchilada if you want to see everything they make)

PS: HR is the good looking guy with the flashy cowboy boots that works for Caleffi. I'm just a humble contractor......:)

That will be interesting to see. Viessmann does a fine job of building quality equipment. I doubt they will ship large volume, storage only tanks over. By large I mean over 1000l, about 264 gallons. Perhaps their multi coil HX stratification tanks? The cost to send large tanks in a container on the ocean just doesn't pencil out.

We have shopped large tanks across the planet. Turkey and Poland build very affordable steel tanks, but adding freight, customs and Euro exchange it pays to build the tanks in the US. We have a lot of great tank manufacturers in the US can build any tank you can imagine.

Lochinvar in TN has one of, if not the largest largest oven in the US to glass line tanks. Thy can build plain steel, cement lined and stainless also. Some of the Euro companies are starting to partner with the manufacturers here sharing engineering and technology realizing building in the US does often make more sense. You see a lot of that in the wind and PV industry, it's moving into the hydronics sector also.

hr

Are these the German boilers formerly known as KOB before Viessmann bought them out?

Are these the German boilers formerly known as KOB before Viessmann bought them out? If so, Froling may have some serious competition.

Well,, sheetz! Sorry about getting you two mixed up :red: I need to put a face with a name . . . You should both post pics of your respective wives so I can keep you two straight. Anyway . . .

DaveBP said:
Are these the German boilers formerly known as KOB before Viessmann bought them out?

Yes, that worries me too. Do you see them bringing over the Vitolig 200, or the KOB?

Jimbo

KOB are now part of the Viesmann range.

I spoke to them a year or so back, they were bringing the large units in first, the smaller ones later.

I would expect their major problem will be getting their dealer network educated.

They all need storage, as does any wood system.

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Well,, sheetz! Sorry about getting you two mixed up :red: I need to put a face with a name . . . You should both post pics of your respective wives so I can keep you two straight. Anyway . . .

DaveBP said:

Yes, that worries me too. Do you see them bringing over the Vitolig 200, or the KOB?

Jimbo

Both. And yes they will be serious competition for any high end wood boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.