8 year update on Hearthstone Santa Fe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trouthead

Hearth Supporter
Oct 29, 2010
Wyoming
Had this installed 8 years ago. Use it with a Skytech remote programmable thermostat 3301P2. At the end of last season I turned off the gas at the shutoff, and forgot about it Today my wife was cold so after some vacuuming out the insides of the stove (dead bugs) I went through the pilot lighting procedure with one small change. The piezo sparker did not spark so I used a lighter and it lit right off. Changed out all the batteries in the remote and the receiver, and everything is working like it should. This is our main source of heat and it has been flawless for 8 years. We live in Wyoming with very cold winters. I like the standing pilot because it will still work with no electrical power. Even though Wyoming is supposed to be the "wilderness" we only loose power about once every two or three years and the longest ever in 40 years was 11 hours, so it is a nice feature in theory. So another trouble free (except the piezio sparker) startup to the heating season. I don't think I will replace the sparker. Never saw one that kept working on an outdoor gas grill so I doubt heat stoves are much different. This stove has been like all appliances should be, trouble free!

Check the wire coming off the back of the piezo.
It's probably got a crack or gap in the sheathing,
allowing the spark to jump to ground before it gets
to the pilot assembly. Electrical tape can fix this issue.

Thanks DAKSY. I will give it a shot when I get home from work. Or I might just watch the Red Sox beat the Yankees.:)

Thanks DAKSY. I will give it a shot when I get home from work. Or I might just watch the Red Sox beat the Yankees.:)

You MIGHT, but then again, our Yankees ARE at home & they are 7-0 in The Stadium over the last 2 post seasons...We will know tomorrow!

We're hoping for 8 - 1, but if it doesn't happen, it's not unexpected.
The BoSox have ALL the parts.
Our pitching staff has been a question mark all season.

I will be watching tonight's game from some bar in the high plains city of Laramie, Wyoming. It is always about pitching.