5500 king stove pellet feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hrc

Feb 8, 2014
mo
I just got a 5500 stove with a ABC panel and it doesn't seem like its feeding enough pellets. It only has a good strong flame when on the highest setting. Any help would be appreciated...

Hello HRC,

First you have the older style of the control panel. If you contact US Stove company (the manufacturer) they should send you the new panel at no cost. This may not fix your problems but atleast we could help you better. I do not have any first hand experience with the ABC panel but i'll check some things out today if I have time at work.

did you buy the unit used? If so it may be best if you reset the board to it's factory settings. You can do this by pressing and holding the B & C buttons until a P-1 appears. Then use the heat range up arrow you go to P-9 and then press ON. this will turn the stove off and reset the board. On start up watch the board it will flash a v.?? the ?? will be either a 14,15,20,21,25 or a 26 this will let you know which version software is installed on this board and will help in future. You are saying it does feed enough pellets, by that you mean the pellets burn up fast then they feed.

Hey guys I'm new to this forum. I also have the old abc type board and am having issues with it not feeding enough pellets. When I have both heat and blower on 9 setting the flame is very small I open door throw a handfull of pellets in the burn pot and the things rips! Is there a setting I can change on this older control board(maybe an auger delay setting) if been reading a lot about these older boards and have read the abc settings do nothing and have also read they actually do change settings? Am I better of calling us stove company? Will they just send me an updated board? Thanks for any help,
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.