3 questions on install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nEWRfire

Jan 8, 2017
New Jersey
How close can double insulated 6" pipe be to an electrical fuse box?

Is it ok to use a different brand for black stove pipe and the actual chimney pipe?

Is triple insulated chimney pipe really zero clearance? I got told at hardware store that it is but everywhere I read online says is 2"

Thank you

Last edited:
How close can double insulated 6" pipe be to an electrical fuse box?

Is it ok to use a different brand for black stove pipe and the actual chimney pipe?

Is triple insulated chimney pipe really zero clearance? I got told at hardware store that it is but everywhere I read online says is 2"

Thank you
Almost all class a chimney pipe has a 2" clearance requirement. The dofference between double wall and triple wall chimneys are the outside diameter and the ammount of insulation. Double wall has a smaller od and twice the insulation so it keeps internal temps up better. Triplewall has 1/2 the insulation with an airgap

No chimney is zero clearance. At least 2" clearance to the pipe is what you need.

You can use a different brand of stove than chimney pipe.