25-PUF Englander E2 error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreezingInNH

Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2007
New stove. I'm using premium pellets. I've had to remove Auger 2x to clean pipe out in 2 days. Do I need a motor with more torque to drive the auger? If, so where do I get stronger motor? I realize control bd may not be able to drive the stronger motor, in that case does any one have a suggestion?
Thank you

E-2 is a failure to start.
Is the auger trying to turn?
I looked up the stove here's the manual.

http://www.englanderstoves.com/manuals/25-PUF.pdf

The combustion blower must draw sufficient vacuum (draft) to close the vacuum switch otherwise the auger circuit is broken.
I also see that there is a limit switch in the circuit also, is this on one of the doors?
It looks like the ignitor is not in this circuit, at least not directly.
What is in the burnpot? are there pellets? Burnt? unburnt? ash?
Is the burnpot clean (no clinkers) when trying to start?

I'll be right back...

[email protected] <[email protected]>
This is the guy you want to talk to. He is also on this forum try to PM him stoveguy2esw
or check out the online help section. I think it's www.englanderstoves.com

FreezingInNH said:
New stove. I'm using premium pellets. I've had to remove Auger 2x to clean pipe out in 2 days. Do I need a motor with more torque to drive the auger? If, so where do I get stronger motor? I realize control bd may not be able to drive the stronger motor, in that case does any one have a suggestion?
Thank you

pm me your phone number , i'll give you a call from the shop , or call me at 800-245-6489

Thanks for all the replies. Think I found problem. I took auger out because it was not spinning. The end of the shaft, next to burn location, was caked with sawdust. I cleaned out and installed the auger. I then screened out sawdust from pellets. Put pellets in in hopper. Worked about 5hrs and gunked up again. The pellets I bought said premium. However, I could squish them with 2 fingers. I found a supplier today who had hard pellets. The pellets feed and burn better. I can now run at the 9 setting, at 7 with old pellets-the burn bin would fill up and cover auger outlet. Also, they don't break apart.

FreezingInNH said:
Thanks for all the replies. Think I found problem. I took auger out because it was not spinning. The end of the shaft, next to burn location, was caked with sawdust. I cleaned out and installed the auger. I then screened out sawdust from pellets. Put pellets in in hopper. Worked about 5hrs and gunked up again. The pellets I bought said premium. However, I could squish them with 2 fingers. I found a supplier today who had hard pellets. The pellets feed and burn better. I can now run at the 9 setting, at 7 with old pellets-the burn bin would fill up and cover auger outlet. Also, they don't break apart.
What????????
This gives new meaning to softwood pellets.. ;-)
They must be wet pellets. As this is not normal.....
What brand are they? Where did you get them?

FreezingInNH said:

good to hear freezing, at least now seems like you are "thawing" just out of curiousity what brand of pellets were they that loaded up on ya? also, on the offer to pm me a number so i can call you about the unit ,feel free to do so if you have questions that you want to chat about , or if its a quickie question, feel free to post in here , or give me a call at the service line 800-245-6489.

Pellets I bought at Lowes, don't know the brand but "premium" was printed in both spanish and english. The bag had a lot of orange graphics. I returned the remaining bags to Lowes.

hey freezing , i didnt get the pm, also have been out of town since early morning on 7 feb.just got back in last night. did you get through to my shop? if not pm me again and i'll give you a call

Status
Not open for further replies.