25-PDVC Safety Switch Wiring

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Oct 21, 2018
Upstate NY
Morning,

My 25-PDVC is a 2007 and doesn't have the hopper safety switch. I'm trying to help someone else out (long distance) with their stove that does have the switch. According to the Englander store page, the post-2006 stoves have two vacuum safety switches and a hopper safety switch, but Illustration 4 on page 22 of the manual shows only the combustion vacuum switch, with the hopper safety switch installed in lieu of the firebox vacuum switch.

So my question is this: since the firebox vacuum switch and hopper safety switch can't be installed in series with one another, does this mean that each switch interrupts one leg of the upper auger motor feed and return? In other words, does one switch interrupt the hot leg, and the other switch interrupt the neutral leg?

Thanks!

Nathan

the vac switch for the upper auger interrupts the hot leg for just the upper auger the hopper switch is in series with it. the vac switch for the combustion blower goes to its own connection on the board and from the traces i have followed it to a voltage regulator so i am assuming it is for the variable speed control of the combustion blower, and may have some input for the error codes. still a work in progress. these englander board drive me up the wall quickly.

Reactions: MountainDweller