25-PDVC New Englader Pellet Stove Appear to have quit..on Sunday!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbharmon01

Dec 18, 2016
maine
Of course on a sunday when nothing is open this would happen. We shut down the pellet stove let it cool off to clean it out, got it all cleaned out and when to start it back up and nothing. The augar motors are going and pushing pellets out, I hear a buzzing sound, but maybe its the blower motor that I used to hear that isn't turning on. Any suggestions?

update : took the panel off thinking its the exhaust blower, when we plug it in and turn it on, the blower fan tries to turn but doesn't. clean it all out and still nothing. Wonder if its the actual blower or wiring? Anyone know how I could check these things?

Does the fan actually turn freely? If not then the bearings are seized up, and while you might be able to disassemble it and regrease it and get a little more life, a new fan is in order.

It it does turn freely - If you can do it safely, you can temporarily unplug the blower and connect it to a cord with a household plug, and see if it runs. If it runs fine then it's something wrong in the stove panel or wiring. If not then it's the motor gone bad.

do I dare ask how to unplug it and connect it to a household plug? When we try to turn it on, the fan almost jerks like its going to start and doesn't... not sure if that tid bit would help.

I believe your fan motor is fried. Had this happen to me at the neighbor ladies house when cleaning Saturday as well. You will have to check it by unplugging it and hooking it to an extension cord as others have said. If it spins on the cord it's good if not it's bad. Usually when they try to start by turning about an eighth of a turn and stop they're bad. Neighbor lady had a spare so no problem for her. Good Luck.
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.