25 PDVC burn pot mod

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coondawg

Dec 17, 2016
Marysville, OH
I fabricated a burn pot very similar to 99loco's burn pot. It provides a much cleaner burn and the ash is ejected out of the pot eliminating the need to scrape away pile up everyday. Highly recommend to anyone that wants to clean their stove less often.

Attachments

• 25 PDVC burn pot mod
    20161217_152024.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 461
Welcome to the forum! How long have you been using the modified burn pot?

Does anyone have a detailed plan for the modified burn pot. I'd like to try it

I fabricated a burn pot very similar to 99loco's burn pot. It provides a much cleaner burn and the ash is ejected out of the pot eliminating the need to scrape away pile up everyday. Highly recommend to anyone that wants to clean their stove less often.
Sweet: did you add the trough that make the pellets drop in the middle of the pot also? My Magnum3500 pushes pellets corn out the same way but I have tried to make a few different things to get the drop out from the edge of the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.