25-pdvc/55-shp10 install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

James02

Feeling the Heat
Aug 18, 2011
N.Y.S.
So I've been a member in the woods stove room for a while, getting into the pellet game also.. installing a Englander this weekend.. my question is, if the wall thimbles don't meet and touch between the wall is that a problem.. I'll be using roxul as protection as well.
Thank you!!

Any install tips would be appreciated also..tkd

The wall thimble sleeve should cover the pellet flue pipe entirely for best protection. See if the mfg. makes a version for thicker walls. If not, maybe look for one that does. In the least I think I would cut some single-wall to fit over the thimble pipe to act as a sleeve extension for the full width of the wall.

Yes,as Begreen says. BUT, as said, sheet metal can be used,made into a round section.Quite a few people have used just a section of stove pipe, and some seal the inside gap with the high heat reflective tape.

I've got some old stove pipe that should work just right.. thank you folks!!

Reactions: Mt Bob