25 pdv lower auger loose

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olmec

Burning Hunk
Oct 31, 2014
NH
Hey guys,

Sorry for what maybe a monotonous question, but I was cleaning the auger tube and end of auger when I noticed the auger it self slid back in the tube. I know the bearings are free floating, but I was able to grab the motor, and push/pull the assembly about 3/4in in and out of the tube. Ive chiseled at the auger before, never saw it move, and it has been squawking a lot more than usual lately. Seems the set screw is tight as I can pull on the motor and the auger comes with. Too cold to go in blind folded and down the stove. Any ideas?

There are 2 Allen type set screws on the Auger bearing as well. This holds the bearing to the auger. They might be loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.