2100 Quadra Fire door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

opusthe2nd

Dec 16, 2018
Montana
While my stove is in use and I am unable to check it out myself. What is the usual reason for the door to droop? Would the drooping be caused by a wallowed out hole or is it the pins that wear out? It doesnt droop more than 1/8" measured at the handle area. I have to hold it up while I latch it though or I wont get a good seal.

While my stove is in use and I am unable to check it out myself. What is the usual reason for the door to droop? Would the drooping be caused by a wallowed out hole or is it the pins that wear out? It doesnt droop more than 1/8" measured at the handle area. I have to hold it up while I latch it though or I wont get a good seal.
Might be missing a washer on the bottom pin. Or, it's just getting older and as we all know, things droop a little bit as they get older and regardless of what steps are taken to fix said drooping, you just have to learn to deal with it.

Reactions: opusthe2nd
You could hammer out a brass shim and wrap the pin with it to fix said droop. Or even wrap the pin with heavy gauge aluminum foil.

Reactions: opusthe2nd