2021 wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

D8Chumley

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2013
Collegeville PA
2021 wood 2021 wood 2021 wood
Had a little free time the other day, got to drop one of my dead ash (24” dbh) that drops limbs in the yard. One less I have to worry about dropping on my head while mowing. Had to bust out the big boy saw for this one Now I need it to dry or freeze so I can c/s/s without destroying the yard. Going to take down a double paper birch next to the house tomorrow, maybe do a little clearing along my power line.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and Happy New Years!

Very nice...jealous as always.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well!!!

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Reactions: D8Chumley
No need to be jealous my friend! It’s sad to see all my ash dying, my woods is loaded with them. Trying to burn a 7 cord stack of mostly ash 3 year seasoned but it’s so wet... have to let it dry by the stove and mix it with some other drier stuff. I’m sure everyone is having similar issues from what I’ve read. Even being top covered it’s still wet.

It's a healthy jealousy...admiration would be more appropriate. ;-) ;-) ;-)
We just broke the rain record here in WNC. We're having the same issue with our wood even though it has been covered.

Copy the admiration :) We are in top 3 rainiest on record, might be top 2 after this last storm. Happy it’s not snow! I do earthwork for a living and it’s been such a struggle this year with the job sites I’ve worked on. Next year has to be better?

I kind of feel your pain. We were supposed to have our house re-sided last month, but our contractor is very far behind due to weather. He lost 16 days in October, 22 in November, and most of December. He is hoping for some decent weather and to get to us soon.
I know a lot of contractors that are struggling right now.

Reactions: D8Chumley
It's a healthy jealousy...admiration would be more appropriate. ;-) ;-) ;-)
We just broke the rain record here in WNC. We're having the same issue with our wood even though it has been covered.

I just moved to Maine a few months ago from Salisbury NC, the rain has been out of control this year. It's even blowing all the way up here!

Took advantage of a beautiful day and just got done splitting all of it. Should be North of a cord until it’s stacked, not a bad days work. Time for a nice warm cup of coffee

I think everyone feels your pain when it comes to the rain D8Chumley. It just doesn't seem like it has really stopped raining this year. Even in the dead of summer everything was so green and vibrant, nothing seemed dead or like it ever dried out. It has been a rough year to get any projects done with the tractor. Like most it seems like you have to process wood in between rain storms. Only thing I can say that has been good about the wind and rain this year is being a lineman every time there is a blow through we are working 16's a day sometimes more. But I'm with you on 2019 hopefully being a little less wet!