2019/20 VC Owners thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I made a post about this but didn’t get any responses. I’m in the final phase of rebuilding my defiant encore 2190 (waiting on the thermostat assembly) and really want to install an auber temp meter to monitor cat temps. Should I get the 100 or 200? K probe? 4 or 6”? And most importantly WHERE do I install the probe for cat temps?

I have the 100, works great. I think it comes with 6” probe. Right above where you will insert your new thermostat probe there is a little cap, you remove that you drill through the refractory box (bit slightly smaller than the probe diam.) and gently insert the probe making sure you do not poke a hole on the front wall of the refractory box.

I have the 100, works great. I think it comes with 6” probe. Right above where you will insert your new thermostat probe there is a little cap, you remove that you drill through the refractory box (bit slightly smaller than the probe diam.) and gently insert the probe making sure you do not poke a hole on the front wall of the refractory box.

awesome, thank you. Just got my thermostat assembly for the primary air control. Anyidea why this is spring loaded? I can open it but it does not stay open, instead it just swings back shut when I let go. This is the handle to the right of the stove (in case I’m using the wrong terms, I’m new to vc lol).

Folks, it's time for a new thread for the new heating season. This one is closing down. Posted a new thread here:

Status
Not open for further replies.