2006 St. Croix Prescott EXL- used purchase- need help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DeviousDelight

Jan 3, 2019
First, I'm new to pellet stoves. Newb status achieved!

I was looking for a fairly efficient pellet stove for under $1000 used. I found this Prescott for $800, about 6 hours away. My cousin happened to be driving by that weekend, so she picked it up for me.

Fast forward 8 weeks, I finally had it installed by professionals (because, I didn't want a house full of smoke/fire)

It fired up, ran for an hour, then shut off with lights 2 and 3 blinking. Found the culprit- The high limit threshhold exceeded. Figured out how to reset it, and started digging into what could have caused it.

Took me about 5 minutes, and upon closer inspection my room fan wasn't operating. err. rather, it was missing.

So I go look online, it appears they are much different then what I have?

So here's what I'm hoping some fantastic person will help me with.

Can you clean the your room fan, and take a video of it? or pictures?

Thank you to all who spent the time reading, and willing to help.

I've found the below photo. It looks like there is a cover that the fan attaches to? But I cant find a cover for sale? argh.

2006 St. Croix Prescott EXL- used purchase- need help!

I contact [email protected]. I was given a part number not listed in the owner's manual. 80P53670-R

This part number includes the mounting brackets for the fan. I contacted the closest dealer near me (RJ heating, Bradford ME).

I'll keep y'all informed.

I was going to tell you to call a dealer,lol,you did the right thing.ESES knows the older St Croix's well,they helped me get parts for a first generation Prescott,when no one else would take the time.

Reactions: DeviousDelight