1st post, 2nd break-in fire for my new stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shikodo

Hi everyone,

I've been stalking the forums for about 6 months now while I was making my decision to get a wood stove. I read through many threads on many different subjects and I wanted to thank everybody who contributes. It made my decision much easier as I felt very well informed.

After a ton of reading, we settled on a Pacific Energy Super 27 as it fell right in our preferred price point and it also came highly recommended by a friend who works for a wood stove retailer where I used to live. I have one hotter break-in fire to get the paint all set and am super stoked to have this ready for those chilly nights come fall and winter and perhaps even a few this spring.

Thanks for all the great info!

-Aaron
Nova Scotia, Canada

20190412_180538.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good. Fill that puppy up with splits next fire.

Reactions: webby3650
Can you look on the back label and see if you got the LE (EPA2020) or series D version? Thanks.

one hotter break-in fire to get the paint all set and am super stoked to have this ready for those chilly nights come fall and winter and perhaps even a few this spring.
I got my SIL a T5. All I have left to do is put the top and bottom screws in the connector pipe, and I'll be ready to cure some paint with a ceremonial fire fueled by shipping crate wood. ==c I envy you your colder weather...our burning days are just about over down here. We've got a few left...35 tomorrow night. I can't wait...first time I've run a secondary-burn stove.
Keep us updated with burn reports, and what you learn along the way.

Mind sharing the particulars of your setup? Sq. footage to be heated, layout (open, or small rooms,) stove location, chimney setup, and so on.

Looks great. Tip, heating the house in the next few months of the shoulder season can be difficult. Overheating the house and smoldering fires is the issue. When needed, I do an hot evening fire and let is burn out.

Get that stove rockin! Steel stoves don’t need multiple break in fires. Most steel stove manufacturers don’t instruct you to do any break in fires. It doesn’t hurt, but certainly isn’t necessary.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Hi everyone,

I've been stalking the forums for about 6 months now while I was making my decision to get a wood stove. I read through many threads on many different subjects and I wanted to thank everybody who contributes. It made my decision much easier as I felt very well informed.

After a ton of reading, we settled on a Pacific Energy Super 27 as it fell right in our preferred price point and it also came highly recommended by a friend who works for a wood stove retailer where I used to live. I have one hotter break-in fire to get the paint all set and am super stoked to have this ready for those chilly nights come fall and winter and perhaps even a few this spring.

Thanks for all the great info!

-Aaron
Nova Scotia, Canada

View attachment 243316
Welcome fellow bluenoser,
I’m 20 minutes east of Yarmouth
I only started burning in my new stove Jan 3rd myself.