1ST Harman problem Sat Morn.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
Ok.... fired up the P61A, room temp.. pellets ignited but flame didn't grow.... thought maybe wasn't cold enough in the house so raised the temp.... lazy flame not going anywhere. stopped feeding pellets... geez.... did a full cleaning in the spring. Status light blinking 6 flashes...
something not right... maybe a pellet Dam in the bottom of the hopper?.
Opened the hopper lid so as to push thru the pellets to the bottom to clear with my fingers when it hit me a few minutes later..Duh....
when I went to open the hopper,The lid had lifted right up... wasn't latched....
what had happened was the hopper latch was feeling loose so I Tightened the underneath rubber grommet too tight. few turns to the right]. what this did was keep the grommet from reaching the hopper rim hole so as to expand and lock when the latch is pressed down.
vacuum leak was being picked up by the stove sensors since the switch on the hopper lid wasn't being depressed down..
turned the rubber grommet back a few turns and the lid locked normally....
no matter how much you know about your stove, always room for a self induced glitch...;em

Last edited:
I know I've been a victim of my own doings on my stoves. Hey, at least you know it is working as it is supposed too.

Reactions: Tonyray
Status
Not open for further replies.