1989 Pacific Energy Spectrum Window seal size?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Oct 24, 2024
Oregon
Hi all,

I'm in a pickle. I've got an 72,000ish serialed Pacific Energy Spectrum manufactured in Oct. of 1989. She turns 35 this month! The seal for the ceramic glass is in really bad condition. I've called the three closest Pacific Energy dealers and they told me to bring it in, but they're, literally a hundred miles away. The on there now is kind of like a sock that goes around the glass. I see on Amazon there's generic, sticky, cut to fit window seal tape that sticks to both sides of the glass, but I don't know what thickness to get? My seal is basically disintegrated, so I don't trust my measurements. Oh, and there's no part number. The glass part number says "C/W Seal."

I got cold toddlers, so any help is appreciated!

I would try some 3/4” or 1” tape gasket. The adhesive backing will allow you to to center the adhesive side on the edge of the glass, make one complete turn around the perimeter, trim the ends squarely to meet & then adhere the tape to both the inner & outer sides of the glass. It generally comes in rolls & most hearth shops will have it. Good luck!

I would try some 3/4” or 1” tape gasket. The adhesive backing will allow you to to center the adhesive side on the edge of the glass, make one complete turn around the perimeter, trim the ends squarely to meet & then adhere the tape to both the inner & outer sides of the glass. It generally comes in rolls & most hearth shops will have it. Good luck!
Daksy,

Thank you for your response! Good to know the width! Do you have any idea on the thickness of the gasket? 1/8", 1/4", etc.

- GDOOC

P.S. Is this the right forum or should I be in the Pacific Energy? This one said it was for stoves prior to 1993 and mine's a 1989.