1980 VC resolute question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hugh720

Dec 23, 2018
Hello, I
I just bought an used Resolute. The tag says it was safety tested 9/25/1980. Serial number 054445.
Does anybody know where I can find the manuals for this model?
I need to replace all the gaskets and clean out the secondary burn chamber as it appears to be half full of ash.
I am curious as to structure inside the chambers so that I can best remove all the ash.
A manual would hopefully show a blowup of the structure and parts?. I also would like to know if I need to replace any or all of the exterior gasket material that I saw on Utube used when VC builds them.
Stove appears to me to be in great shape except for minor rust spots on exterior. I'm assuming a wire brush is best for this issue.

Thanks
Hugh

Hello, I
I just bought an used Resolute. The tag says it was safety tested 9/25/1980. Serial number 054445.
I need to replace all the gaskets and clean out the secondary burn chamber as it appears to be half full of ash.
I am curious as to structure inside the chambers so that I can best remove all the ash.
A manual would hopefully show a blowup of the structure and parts?. I also would like to know if I need to replace any or all of the exterior gasket material that I saw on Utube used when VC builds them.
Stove appears to me to be in great shape except for minor rust spots on exterior. I'm assuming a wire brush is best for this issue.

Thanks
Hugh

Hugh, there is a link for the manuals in one of the sticky threads at the top of this forum.

I just cleaned and painted an old vigilant, a wire brush drill attachment works very well on the rust

Hello, I

Thanks
Hugh
I have a 1988 Resolute Acclaim that I am still using, great stove! I lost my manual and printed off a new one from VC website
under owner manuals. I have only replaced the rope gaskets so I would be curious how the cleaning of the secondary burn
chamber goes.

The 1988's Acclaim's construction is completely different from the original Resolute's construction. The cleaning process is different. Are you sure you don't have the Resolute III? That was made up through mid 1988. Is there a refractory assembly in your stove or a cast iron back in the firebox?

The 1988's Acclaim's construction is completely different from the original Resolute's construction. The cleaning process is different. Are you sure you don't have the Resolute III? That was made up through mid 1988. Is there a refractory assembly in your stove or a cast iron back in the firebox?
If the picture in his avatar is it, it's not III, there's no two hinged door arrangement.

You are correct, it is different, mine is just cast iron

Then the stove is a Resolute, not an Acclaim.