1970's Blaze King Ceramic Tile Inserts (with Holes)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

1970s Blaze King

Jul 11, 2017
los ángeles CA
Hello Hearth!

I know this topic has been brought up before but I am looking for late 70's Blaze King ceramic tile inserts for the front of my Blaze King But I want the type with holes on the side tiles. I can get the solid ones on eBay buy I am missing just one and it has the holes and would like to match it.

Anyone here have extra to sell?

thanks

From a new old stock angle, your best shot is to call The Axmen in Missoula MT. The ceramics are referred to as "jet air ceramics", since the hot air blows out of the holes.

You will need to know if your unit is a King or Princess.

Your second best shot is to call a dealer where a stove changeout is taking place. Each time that happens, plenty of old BK's get scrapped and I am certain you can get a set off the old units before they are crushed. There are ones taking place in Alaska (Fairbanks), Wisconsin, California, Idaho, Washington and also some NE states.

Lastly, the ceramics are held inside brass retainers with brass screws. You must have the retainers in order to use the ceramics. I have seen several new models where consumers have installed the ceramics onto their new stoves, just by using a solid door instead of a glass door and the one on each side of the door opening. You door drops down, the new models hinges on the left side.

Good luck in your search...