100% waxed cardboard logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I burn the brand called Enviro-Log in my Jotul 500. They are specifically designed for woodstove use and not only for fireplace use.
I like to start the fire and then put one on the coals.
Please put only one in the stove, if you put two you risk too much fire in your stove.

Any product that uses binders (dura flame & there knock off's) are not safe for wood stoves.

I burn the brand called Enviro-Log in my Jotul 500. They are specifically designed for woodstove use and not only for fireplace use.
I like to start the fire and then put one on the coals.
Please put only one in the stove, if you put two you risk too much fire in your stove.

I use the enviro logs when we are just hanging out in the basement and run the stove with the doors open like a fireplace, it gets to hot down there to shut the doors when we hang out down there on the weekend. The enviro logs are safe for wood stoves, and cheaper then duraflame. I also do not like the smell the duraflames give off, the envirologs dont smell bad.