10-CPM Pellet Feed Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Atomicskr

Nov 20, 2018
Annapolis, MD
I have a 10-CPM, serial number WHI-002854. It looks like it was manufactured 2009. It is not feeding pellets fast enough it seems. On level 3 it does not get enough fuel to keep the fire going. Level 5 will be a small fire and level 9 barely gets hot. I checked and the auger is turning (about two full revolutions in 35 seconds). I removed the auger and there aren’t any obstructions in the auger tube or in the chute that feeds pellets in to the burn pot. It's been burning just fine this season up until about a week ago. Any suggestions?

Hello
Is the stove plugged into a really good surge protector like a Tripp Lite Brand? The control panel has the auger timing circuit built into it. So if it sustained any damage from brownouts or power fluctuations with no surge suppression then that panel is highly suspect. :-(

Reactions: Atomicskr
The unit is plugged in to a surge protector... not sure what brand. I checked the wiring and there were no obvious signs of damage.... no real way to tell on the circuit board.... also the auger is cycling exactly every 6 seconds. If that helps.....

The unit is plugged in to a surge protector... not sure what brand. I checked the wiring and there were no obvious signs of damage.... no real way to tell on the circuit board.... also the auger is cycling exactly every 6 seconds. If that helps.....
I would put a line cord or test cord on the auger motor and if it runs ok, then it must be the circuit board.

Reactions: Atomicskr
I ran the auger motor with it pulled out of the tube with the stove in diagnostic mode..... seemed to spin ok. I do have an extra circuit board laying around. I'll try that tomorrow.... thanks!

The timing is programmed into the 20 pin pic chip. If you surge protector isn’t of high quality they don’t usually do a very thorough job of protection. It sounds like the chip has been corrupted like Don said.

Reactions: Don2222