10-cpm outside air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mrmojo182

Hearth Supporter
Oct 18, 2009
East
Hey all,. Trying to plan out an install of a ESW 10cpm. I'm going up through the masonry fireplace, and I'm trying to figure how to modify my current 4-inch exhaust Terra cotta top plate to allow for the outside air hookup. Anyone have some ideas? Or anyone not using the outside air? Feel free to PM me direct.

Thanks in advance.

Would you not just run the outside air piping up through the chimney beside your 4" exhaust? You can get the kit for that it will give you enough flexible pipe to go to the top. When i installed mine thats the kit they sold me even though i only needed a foot of pipe tops.. Also you should always install a fresh air intake. Without it you are creating a negative pressure inside your home that will bring cold air in from any little crack it can find. Also you run the risk of depleting O2 levels in the house (pretty slim chance but t is possible)

Zrock, where did you pick that up. I'm having a hard time finding a colinear top cap. Yes running up the chimney will be easy. I've also seen Harman makes a special cap for the top where fresh air is sucked down around the exhuast to the block off plate at the lintel. Just seeing what other options are out there. I don't have outside air on my current stove