1 Year Old Baffle Bricks Cracked

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yesterday when I was cleaning my Regency FP I noticed the Baffle Bricks which I bought last November were warped and one had a crack. The link below is NOT the place I bought them from but it has pictures and description of these Baffles
https://friendlyfires.ca/products/regency-top-baffle-063-955/

I went today to the same place I bought these baffles last year, a small outlet selling FP and accessories and I told them to ask the place they order the Baffles from what the warranty is on these baffles. I placed my order anyway because the one which is cracked may fall down at any time.

These baffles are sitting on the top of the air tubes and they don’t get abused by the fire logs when the FP is loaded so they should definitely last for more than a year. The ones I had before lasted for almost 20 years!

What is your opinion?

Attachments

• 1 Year Old Baffle Bricks Cracked
    19 10 03 Old Buffle Bricks1A.JPG
    287.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 1 Year Old Baffle Bricks Cracked
    19 10 03 Old Buffle Bricks2A.JPG
    279.7 KB · Views: 131
That is a short time for the baffle sections.