1,000 Registed members!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Hearth Supporter
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
It's 995 right now, and seems to be starting to grow in anticipation of the coming season. About 23,000 posts also!

An interesting number is that there are often as many as 2 to 3x as many guests (non-registered) reading it as there are registered members. Those guests don't know what they are missing (ability to post and the Ash Can, etc.)

An with the cost of oil projected to hit 80 and higher, I would imagine membership would skyrocket.

Sandor said:
An with the cost of oil projected to hit 80 and higher, I would imagine membership would skyrocket.

Regular site traffic is ahead about 15% from last year at this time, although it is a relatively show month. Actually, I consider Jult 15 to be the start of the season and it is all uphill from there! It will be great having the new forum this year (we didn't install it until End Nov 2005).

Ahh this is the post i was looking for. What is this, like a billion percent increase in three years?

Craig, this just shows how great of an idea you came up with. Congratulations and thanks to you.

So what does the 1,000th registered member get as a prize? ;)

firefighterjake said:

This thread was 13,500 registrations ago.

BB, I wondered if anyone would catch that! lol

16 April 2009 02:32 PM

Total Logged-in Users: 35
Total Anonymous Users: 0
Total Guests: 86

Still 2.5x guests vs members, making total users in the range of 36742.5.

That .5 user is the most important person on the forum.

that lurker-to-member ratio is pretty average for most forums on the web in my experience.

Did the forum grow at all from the time of craig's OP to now?

karri0n said:
...Did the forum grow at all from the time of craig's OP to now?

16 April 2009 1208 PDT registered members = 14697

One of the better sites on the web and best in it's class. Hats off to Craig and a grateful thanks for keeping the servers going.

Yes, thanks Craig. A tremendous resource and more than an occasional time waster! <G>

(My name is Steve and I am a hearth.comaholic)

wendell said:
(My name is Steve and I am a hearth.comaholic)

Not me. I can quit anytime. Really. Honest. I can.

BTW: The prize was a hearth.com cap. :lol:

BrotherBart said:
Not me. I can quit anytime. Really. Honest. I can.

Ahh, the calling card of the addict! :)

I find the longer I read the hearth the less I need food, water, or sleep. now about working...

craig,

thanx for an AWESOME site!!! i joined last year and read here evry day. my post count isnt high, but i get more info here and only post when i have something to add.

i am really greatful, that everyone treats one another with respect, and a person is welcome in any room of this site no matter how they heat

thanx again

mike

BrotherBart said:
firefighterjake said:

This thread was 13,500 registrations ago.

D'oh!

I'm suprised it's less the 1000. I'm sure that will increase 50% by next year this time. I joined this site with intention to purchase a pellet stove. Started lurking on the other boards and realized I was a wood burner, not a pellet pig :-)

stejus said:
I'm suprised it's less the 1000. I'm sure that will increase 50% by next year this time. I joined this site with intention to purchase a pellet stove. Started lurking on the other boards and realized I was a wood burner, not a pellet pig :-)

Somebody pulled up an OLD thread from 2006.
We have about 15,000 registered board members now....and lots more who read, but don't register.

You can see the stats at the bottom of the main forum page

Edit: Craig is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.